It has been a long time since I first posted, I know. The truth is it has been a pretty rough go the last little while. My dad got sick and that kind of got me off track with my workouts and only now am I starting to get back on track. I haven't started running or anything but going out for walks and doing my strength training (aka: NEWOs). It will come I am sure but sometimes I feel like maybe I have taken on more than I should have. I need to trust this is the goal I need to get healthier and fit. Doing at least a half marathon has always been a dream of mine so I have to make it happen, right? I need to trust myself that I will follow through and make it happen for myself because I deserve it! I need to FLY, Finally Loving Yourself as FLY lady would say. I can and will do this... now on to bed and a NEWO in the morning. :)
Jocelyn
The important thing is that you ARE getting back on track. Sometimes 'life' gets in our way, and that's to be expected.
ReplyDeleteHope your Dad is doing better.
Hey - what's NEWO?
Thanks Amanda, that's a great reminder. You're right, life gets in our way but when that happens we just have to keep moving forward.
ReplyDeleteMy dad is doing better thanks. And a NEWO is a No Excuses Work Out from Jonathan Roche from Breakthrough Health and Fitness. Basically it's strength training doing, push ups, sit ups, etc. You can check out his site if you want at www.noexcusesworkouts.com and if you find the free workouts it shows the 6min version. As you get stronger you do up to a 24min routine.
Hope that helps explain it a little bit. I will try to find the direct link and post it for you.
jocelyn
Here is the link to the free workouts: http://www.noexcusesworkouts.com/Articles.asp?ID=131
ReplyDelete