I had an epiphany this morning.
You know how parents (and non parents) criticize each other all the time, always judging always thinking 'their' way is better or parents are hard on themselves because they think they aren't doing a good enough job by doing the best to raise their children? It's no different with the single life. It doesn't matter what I say or what I do I am never living my single life well enough. I get told things like, "You need to enjoy your single life stop wanting to find someone." or "You should date more." In case you were unaware those two statements kind of contradict themselves.
It's interesting how we all judge each other's lives so much. I do it too, I'm not saying I am perfect here. I think I need to just live. Yes sometimes I'll whine because I'm single but I often choose not to brag about the fact I got to get up in the morning without a baby crying and I am going to spend my day the way I want to with no one asking me to do anything... honestly, pretty much no one will ask me for anything today. I'll go for my bike ride or hike, tidy my house, and get ready for my date tonight - I will pretty much do anything I want today with no one needing me to take them to the potty.... yup that’s my life.
I don't often shove my freedom in people's faces because most of my friends can't do that kind of thing and I know they wish they could. I wish I had a husband who loved me and a baby I could hold and love but I know there are hard times of that life too. It’s just life. I’m tired of constantly being judged, and probably mostly judging myself, for not living my life the ‘right’ way.
Having said all that... off I go to enjoy the life I have been given and am choosing to live.
Have a fun day everyone no matter what you are doing - no judging allowed!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment