So a friend and I have signed up to walk a 10k race in Sept. I have realized over the last few weeks that if I am going to run the Iceland half marathon I need to walk, walk, walk, first. I really am not a huge fan of walking but if i want to run I must first learn to walk. So off I go. Anita and I will be training together 1 or 2 times a week and then doing the rest on our own. At this moment I am also trying to plan to walk a half marathon this winter but I just don't know when or where so for now I am focusing on the 10k in Sept. I am really, really looking forward to it. It will be here in Calgary so there isn't much cost attached which is good but it's a good goal. I don't know what my time goal is yet but I am thinking 1.5-2 hours. We'll see what Anita wants to do too.
So tomorrow is training day 1, I plan on walking, simply walking at a decent pace for 30min. Then I will do an interval on Wednesday and Saturday and NEWOs on Tuesday and Thrusday. I look forward to it all. Life is changing and I love it.
Joce
No comments:
Post a Comment